Selected Recent Publications
- Eitel, A. (2016). How repeated studying and testing affects multimedia learning: Evidence for adaptation to task demands. Learning & Instruction, 41, 70-84.
- Endres, T., & Renkl, A. (2015). Mechanisms behind the testing effect - an empirical investigation of retrieval practice in meaningful learning. Frontiers in Psychology.6:1054.
- Glogger-Frey, I., Fleischer, C., Grüny, L., Kappich, J., & Renkl, A. (2015). Inventing a solution and studying a worked solution prepare differently for learning from direct instruction. Learning & Instruction, 39, 72-87.
- Renkl, A., (2014). Towards an instructionally-oriented theory of example-based learning. Cognitive Science, 38, 1-37.
- Renkl, A. (2015). Different roads lead to Rome: The case of principle-based cognitive skills. Learning: Research & Practice, 1, 79-90.
- Renkl, A., Skuballa, I. T., Schwonke, R., Harr, N., & Leber, J. (2015). The effects of rapid assessments and adaptive restudy prompts in multimedia learning. Educational Technology & Society, 18, 185–198.